Ableton Live Production
Ableton Live Production course offers a creative in-depth look throughout the application, from fundamentals to complex combinations and production techniques. Fields like Drum programming, Synthesis, Clip Modulation, Automation, Equalization and Compression, Routing, Audio and MIDI Effects and more will be covered. You will gain full understanding of valuable techniques and devices Live has to offer and improve your music production skills at the same time.
The Ableton Live Production course is ideal if:
- You want to make music more efficiently
- You want to improve live performances
- You would like to improve specific techniques
- You want to experiment and self-develop techniques further on
- You want to specialize in Electronic Music Making after finishing MPC
- Ableton Live Production certificate
- MPC specialized in Electronic Music Making (if proceeding from MPC)
- 1 month
- Minimum age: at least 16 years of age upon enrollment
- Written and spoken English
- Personal portable computer
- Two lessons of 2,5 hours per week
- Individual bookings with personal support.
- Access to facilities at least 6 days per week.
- Taught in English (Slovenian and Croatian support offered)
Students will gain familiarity with Live’s environment. A solid workflow and necessary background will be provided in order to understand more complex behaviour as we go deeper in discovering powerful tools and techniques.
Live offers unique approach when dealing with audio, whether in the studio or onstage in real time. This section covers routing and recording audio, audio clip manipulation, editing, warping for remixing and performing, looping, composing and other techniques used for creative shaping and manipulation of audio.
Usage of MIDI instruments can really help you develop your production skills to a next level. We will discover drum and synthesizer programming using samplers and instruments, how to build Racks from scratch, MIDI clip functions, note editor, quantization, grooves and many more.
Creative usage of effects and automation is a key to professional productions. Delay, modulation, distortion and all kinds of unique effects Live has to offer will be discussed through this field. Also, MIDI effects, Audio and MIDI effect Racks, various Clip and Mixer automation types and more will be covered.
Mixing & Mastering
Whether improving individual audio parts or mix as a whole, techniques taught in this section will help you understand processing and tighten your sound. Putting frequencies in place using equalizers, controlling dynamics with compressors, side-chaining, M/S techniques, master processing chains are topics to be included.
Get an MPC specialized in Electronic Music Making
Enroll in the Music Production Certificate than proceede to the Ableton Live Production course and get the MPC specialization in Electronic Music Making. Want to expand your knowledge even further? Then the Audio Engineering programme is for you.